Wednesday 31 March 2010

And With The Dawn Came The Inky Black Ducks


Well I'm glad someone came along to rescue those poor children!
Part 2 done! Yay! Relief:)
Must crack on with Number 3 now!

Very, very considerately Illustration friday decided this week that their topic would be 'Rescue' , now that's synchronicity in action.  Just as well really, it's not like I have any spare seconds to draw anything else right now.  
I have my fingers tightly crossed that I will have a huge spurt today and that number three will be done by tomorrow evening at the latest, it's absolutely chucking it down outside and I think that's probably greatly beneficial.  I'm not going to get distracted.  I've even managed to wriggle out of a birthday party tonight so nothing to do now but focus, FOCUS!!!!!!

11 comments:

  1. I just love this picture. The inky black ducks are my favorite and for some reason they almost look velvety to me. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, it took me ages to decide not to make them a traditional duck looking colour, I think I just really wanted to give them that name. I love your wax paper, it's beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. I like the primarily black and white with a soft wash of color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lucie,

    Welcome to CED2010 - not sure if I have noticed you here before. Your work is wonderful!!! I scanned your other posts. All of your creations posted so far are amazing!

    10 paintings by April 15th - Wow! And why just out of curiosity? Are you having a show?

    So far they are beautiful! I especially love the one for your Mom but then I am very partial to Moon pictures.

    Beautiful work! Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What elegant and delicate line work! Just lovely and the black ducks are a treat! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is beautiful and I am so glad I found it. I can't wait to see what happens next. Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow your work is amazing. Will be checking back for more now that I've spotted you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this, too. I love the contrast between the colors of the sky and the greyness of the sea. The drawing is exquisite. nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so, so, so much to all of you, your support means so much to me, especially at the moment, while I'm feeling rather unsure of myself and very doubtful that I have any ability at all. You're all very kind :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful and expressive! Absolutely gorgeous work. this immediately brought to mind one of my favorite illustrated children's books, Winken Blinken and Nod. My version is out of print from the 1980's and the illustrations are breathtaking. This was one of my children's favorites.

    ReplyDelete