Friday 26 March 2010

Part 1 - Lost At Sea

 Well finally I have managed to complete part 1 of 10 and I am very relieved to have done so!  Only 9 more to go now and a little under three weeks to complete the whole project...how do I get myself into these things?  Time management clearly isn't my strong point, I've been prevaricating about these pictures for weeks and now that I've finally got my arse in gear I've put myself under so much pressure through lack of time.  I'll probably never learn.  I was one of those kids that finished homework an hour before it needed handed in!

So this picture is 'Lost At Sea' and although it's the first and I'm calling it number 1 I don't think it will be first in the finished line up.  They are going to sort of tell a story about these two children, who look remarkably like my children, strange that.... In this picture they are lost at sea...in a giant gravy boat.  I don't really have any reason for that other than it seemed like a good idea at the time :)

So, they're lost, I think they're probably searching for their parents who will hopefully show up in the tenth picture.  In the next one I guess someone or something is going to have to help them back to shore but I'm not sure who yet, hopefully that will all become apparent later today :)


HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Now how do you get your ideas? I keep wanting to draw figures only I can never figure out what they're going to be doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You're my first commenter and therefore win a great big cyber hug and my eternal gratitude :)
    I think I might have the opposite problem to you in that I find it quite difficult to stop having new ideas and actually finish the one that I'm working on first! Also lots of books inspire me greatly, especially things like Grimms Fairytales. Your patterns are beautiful though, you're so tidy, I couldn't draw anything that well or precisely! :)

    ReplyDelete