Tuesday 16 March 2010

Prevaricating

It's absolutely gorgeous outside today, one of the first properly sunny days this year, it's calling me to go outside and play...or maybe thats the children :) I have so much painting that needs to get done and at the moment I seem to be finding any excuse not to do it. I've committed to finishing ten paintings by the 15th of April and so far not a single one is and I've just discovered that my original paper choice is really awful so even the ones that were started are going to have to be done again! AAAAAAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!! On top of that I spent all weekend working on a drawing only to go far to far and totally ruin it. It feels sometimes that the moment just isn't right and that I should just not bother picking up a pencil for a few days. So until tomorrow I am not even going to try, I'm going to bake bread and go for a walk and read and then tomorrow I shall be refreshed and ready to start again. That's bound to work right?
And here's yet another project that I still haven't finished.  This was my Mum's birthday present in October last year and ever since I have been meaning to make a bigger version of it and put some colour into it, maybe the background.  So 5 months later and have I even begun? no of course not!!!! I even frustrate myself sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment